Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Preparing for end of Summer


Summer is coming to a close and I have just a few things left from my summer list to accomplish. I didn't post my summer list but I can share some of the things that were on it that I did this summer.

Me in on the beach in Condado, Puerto Rico

Work on my tan. I did this... IN PUERTO RICO! Woo!

Some of my burly-q friends dressed up as peanut butter and
jellyfish. :)
The Mermaid Parade at Coney Island!!! (This was near the Solstice so I used this as my way of celebrating it!







Here I am at the parade as a Portuguese Man-of-War

See The Dark Knight Rises in the Theater.

Buy 2 Maxi Dresses  and 2 pairs of Sandals (I bought 3)
Make a Salt Scrub
Dry My Sheets Outside. (I LOVE THIS!)
Make a hair rinse out of beer- I used wondered soldiers left around the house after a BBQ.
Make my beach playlist: there was a LOT of Beach Boys and Lady GaGa
4th of July Fireworks (I did this in Puerto Rico also.)
Here is half of my new bathing suit- my tail is covering the rest.
Buy a new Bathing Suit. 

Me with some blue eyeshadow/eyeliner on. 
A Blue Eyeliner pencil

Update Hurricane Kit Apparently, we get them now in Brooklyn so... I updated it
New Flashlights, a waterproof document holder, 
charcoal for the grill, non-perishable, and emergency water

Get a bowl of cheap sunglasses (Greatest thing I've ever done. Ever.)

Big Daddy and I parasailing
Do a water sport: Jet Ski's and Parasailing! 
Make Fish Tacos 
Make Homemade Popsicles (Vanilla Banana and Nutella... YUM!)
Champagne Cocktails (watermelon is really refreshing with champagne)
Sea Glass/Beach Jewelry: I found a great bracelet at TJ Maxx
Paint the House: We painted the living room from an apple green to a neutral tan

Some things I'm in progess with:
Try/Invent 6 salads: I'm on salad three: I'll post the recipe tomorrow
Find 5 summer books: Love Languages, Walt Disney Biography, Moll Flanders, Killing Yourself to Live, and I need 1 more!


This is my bedside self-help book
for the summer. It's pretty good.
Nothing like the film. :) 
I'm working on it. So far it's wonderful
for anyone who loves Disney.

One of the most funny books I've ever read!
Some things I have yet to do! 
I have less than 1 month to get on it!
Geocaching
Make a new canopy for our bedroom
Put up the hammock and make some pillows for it
Put up the damask fabric on the bedroom wall
Try a lobster roll
Make some lemonade ice cubes
Puppy Picnic



No comments:

Post a Comment